You may borrow Kindle eReaders from the library. Selected by a Reference Librarian, each Kindle is preloaded with a variety of popular fiction and nonfiction titles. It’s a great way to take a pile of books on vacation, without having to take extra baggage!
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Borrowers must be 18 years old or older and have a Plainedge Library Card in good standing.
- Kindles are loaned for a two week period, are renewable and can be reserved.
- The Kindle must be checked out and returned at the Plainedge Library Circulation Desk.
- Kindles may not be returned in the media or book drop, or returned at other libraries.
- Borrowers may not add, install, delete or uninstall any software, materials or items to the device. Fines and Liability
- The overdue fine is $5.00 a day.
- Borrowers are responsible for a fine of $50.00, if the Kindle is lost or damaged.